- megabus.com to add new services across the UK
- 7 new locations to be served in expansion of inter-city network
- Scottish Borders and South Devon included in new timetable
- Budget coach provider now offering links to Birmingham Airport
The UK’s market-leading budget coach operator megabus.com, today (10 May 2010) confirmed that it is expanding its services to offer even more low-cost journeys between even more locations.
megabus.com – part of Perth-based transport giant Stagecoach Group – launches its new timetable on 24 May, introducing new services to seven new UK destinations including Selkirk, Hawick and Galashiels in the Scottish Borders as well as Paignton and Torquay in South Devon.
The new timetable will also serve Carlisle for the first time and offer a variety of brand new services to and from Birmingham Airport. The expansion means that megabus,com now serves almost 60 locations across the UK.
Among the new return services are:
- Edinburgh - Manchester
- Carlisle, Selkirk, Hawick and Galashiels to Manchester and London
- Cornwall, Paignton and Torquay to Bristol
- Exeter – Bristol
- Cornwall, Paignton and Torquay to Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle
- Exeter to Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle
- Bristol - Birmingham
- Paignton and Torquay to London
- Cornwall, Paignton and Torquay to Birmingham Airport
- Exeter - Birmingham Airport
- Bristol - Birmingham Airport
- Oxford, Winchester, Southampton and Portsmouth to Birmingham Airport
- London - Birmingham Airport
- Sheffield – Birmingham Airport
- Manchester - Birmingham Airport
- Leeds – Birmingham Airport
- Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Newcastle to Birmingham Airport
Due to increased demand, additional journeys will also be offered on the following existing services:
- Glasgow and Manchester to London
- Manchester to London
- Between Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle.
The current service from Portsmouth and Southampton to Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds is also being improved to offer a faster journey time of under 7 hours – a reduction of around 45 minutes.
Stagecoach Group Chief Executive Brian Souter said: “We know our passengers are looking for an affordable, reliable, greener travel option and the expansion of our megabus.com services will allow even more people, in even more places to access our fast, comfortable, inter-city coach services for as little as £1.”
megabus.com was launched in the UK in 2003 and revolutionised coach travel by offering fares from just £1 via a simple online booking system. More than 2million passengers now use megabus.com services in the UK every year. In the US, more than 5million passengers have travelled with megabus.com since its launch in 2006 and it now covers 32 locations in the United States and Canada.
Bookings can be made now for the new megabus.com timetable which starts on 24 May. For more information visit www.megabus.com
For media enquiries, please contact: Stagecoach Group Communications on 01738 442111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES TO EDITORS
Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, United States and Canada. The company employs 30,000 people, and operates bus, coach, rail, and tram services.