megabus Coronavirus safety information
What we've put in place
To protect you and our people
- All drivers will be provided with PPE.
- Anti-bac stations on board all our coaches.
- Customers are required to wear face coverings when in coach stations, at coach stops and when travelling on our coaches. Please bring your own.
- All customer service desks have an increased cleaning program in place as well as screens between customers and staff.
- We’ve limited the number of seats on board to allow for social distancing. You can still reserve a seat with us as normal. But if you haven’t reserved a seat, you’ll be allocated a seat when boarding.
- We've also removed some of our seats on board our coaches to now give you a whopping 35" seat pitch. Means you've got more space to stretch out and you get your 1m+ social distancing from other passengers.
- Passengers will need to maintain social distancing with the driver and other passengers where possible.
- Keep to your allocated seat and only use the on board toilet if necessary.
- Make sure you’re following the drivers instructions at all times – they’re there to help keep you safe.
Keeping it clean
- Enhanced cleaning regimes are in place on our coaches, coach stations and customer service desks.
- We’ve increased our cleaning regime and filter changing schedules for our air conditioning units.
- Customer touch points will all be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- Anti-bac stations have been installed at both the front and middle of every coach.
What we’re asking you to do to help us
- Remember not to travel if you feel unwell.
- Make sure you’re following the driver’s instructions at all times – they’re there to help keep you safe.
- Passengers will need to maintain social distancing with the driver and other passengers where possible. Please arrive at the stop no more than 20 minutes in advance of your journey time.
- Clearly label your luggage with your destination to help with loading and unloading.
- Wear your face covering* when you’re at the stop and on board. You’ll need to bring your own with you before travelling.
- Where you can, wash your hands before travelling.
- Please keep to your own seat and only use the toilet if necessary.
- Anti-bac stations are on every coach, though carrying your own is also recommended.
- Please be patient with us. As we’re all getting used to this new way of travelling, you may find it takes us a little longer to get you on and off the coach.
*Please be aware that if you don’t wear a face covering, you may be refused travel. See our Face Coverings FAQs page for more information.
We’ve got the ‘We’re Good To Go’ official UK mark to show that we’re following Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and have a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing. Travel responsibly with megabus.
Information for passengers requiring assistance
To avoid disappointment, we recommend that all wheelchair users contact us before purchasing their tickets (preferably at least 36 hours before their intended journey) to book their wheelchair space and to allow us time to make your journey as comfortable as possible. Plus you’ll be able to tell us whether a personal care attendant (PCA) will be with you on board. Find out more here.
Last updated 10:38 on 30/07/2020