megabus.com adds Manchester Airport to UK network
- New direct links between airport and London, Birmingham, Glasgow and Aberdeen from Monday 24 July
- New services to and from Manchester Airport Coach Station for the first time
- Tickets from £1* on sale for new route at megabus.com
Leading low cost coach operator megabus.com today (4 July) announced a significant improvement to some of its current routes with the introduction of a new stop at Manchester airport.
The company – part of international transport group Stagecoach – has introduced four new stops a day at the busy north-west airport.
The news means that megabus.com – which is known for offering fares from just £1* - now provides its first direct links to Manchester airport, with daily departures to Manchester airport from Aberdeen, Dundee, Perth, Glasgow, Preston, Birmingham and London.
The new changes are:
- M11 service departs Aberdeen at 0440hrs daily and Glasgow at 0820hrs and arrives at Manchester Airport at 1315hrs before continuing to London arriving at 1750hrs.
- M11 service leaves Glasgow daily at 2345hrs arriving at Manchester airport at 0530hrs and arriving in London at 1100hrs.
- M11 leaves London daily at 0800hrs arriving at Manchester Airport at 1210hrs and reaching Glasgow at 1740hrs and Aberdeen at 2045hrs.
- M11 service leaves London at 2345hrs daily and arrives at Manchester airport at 0430hrs, reaching Glasgow at 0905hrs.
The enhanced routes will feature coaches bearing the well known blue and yellow megabus.com livery, featuring mascot Sid on the side together with free WiFi and power points.
Tickets for all journeys are now available at www.megabus.com, with fares from £1*. The enhanced routes will run from Monday 24 July.
Operations Director for megabus.com’s Scottish services, Peter Knight said: “We are delighted to be making these amendments to existing routes allowing passengers direct access to Manchester Airport for the first time.
“With the continuing expansion of flights to and from Manchester Airport and the increase in both trans-atlantic and low-cost flights, we hope that this will be a welcome addition, particularly for customers travelling from Scottish destinations.
The improvements to the current routes follow the introduction of new services to both Heathrow and Gatwick, introduced by megabus.com in April.
*Fares from £1 plus 50p booking fee. Subject to availability.
For media enquiries, please contact us on 01738 442111. Out of office hours: An on-call service operates for urgent media enquiries out of hours. To access this service, please call 08448 222888 and quote MEDIA1. Please leave a short message, including your name, media organisation, phone number and the nature of your enquiry. The on call press officer will then return your call.