You’ll spot our coaches due to their distinctive blue and yellow branding.
Though sometimes we may use a subcontracted coach (or bus), but they’ll have a sign in the windscreen/dash area and the driver will make an announcement letting you know it’s our service. If you’re still unsure though, the driver will be happy to help.
megatrain services are operated by our partner East Midlands Railway and carry their own branding.
megabusplus is a coach and train combination, where passengers will transfer to an East Midlands Railway on journeys to and from London.
Sure. You can bring cold food, cold drinks and hot drinks that have a lid on. For safety reasons, we can’t allow hot food on our coaches.
Most of our coaches have free Wi-Fi, on board charging points, air-con and an onboard toilet. These are subject to availability and connection.
megatrain is offered through Abellio, with train services provided by East Midlands Railway. These modern trains are air-conditioned and have on board toilets and refreshment facilities available on most services. There aren't any comfort stops on any megabus services.
We try to make sure that all megabus journeys are operated by coaches that have on board toilets.
Wi-Fi and charging points are subject to availability and connection. We won’t be able to give refunds if Wi-Fi and/or charging points are unavailable.
megatrain is offered through Abellio, with train services provided by East Midlands Railway.
We're a big lover of animals. But we’re unable to carry dogs or other animals, with the exception of trained assistance dogs that allow disabled customers to perform necessary activities. Assistance dogs must be properly harnessed and under the direct control of the customer at all times.
All young persons must travel accompanied on megabus who are aged
• 14 years or less for daytime travel
• 15 years or less for overnight travel
We don’t assume any duty of supervision for young people travelling on our services. Young people under 18 travelling alone can’t book journeys involving a change of coach, travel any time between midnight and 05:00 - or international travel.
For travel between 05:00 and midnight
- a maximum of one child, aged 3 years old or under, can travel for free on megabus day services only with each fare paying adult. They aren't guaranteed a seat unless a journey has been booked for them. Children travelling for free can't occupy a seat if it's needed by a a fare paying passenger.
- children aged 14 years or under must travel with a passenger aged 16 years or older
- young people aged between 15 and 17 years inclusive may travel without an adult only if a person with parental authority has confirmed in writing to megabus that the minor may do so, is able and equipped to make the journey in question, alone and without supervision.
For travel any time between midnight and 05:00
- a maximum of one child, aged 3 years or under, can travel for free with each fare paying adult. They aren’t guaranteed a seat unless a ticket has been brough for them. Children travelling for free can’t occupy a seat if it is needed by a fare-paying passenger.
- children aged 15 years or under must travel with a passenger aged 18 years or older
- young people aged 16 or 17 years may travel without an adult, but only if a person with parental authority has confirmed in writing to megabus that the minor may do so, is able and equipped to make the journey in question, alone and without supervision.
Young persons travelling unaccompanied must carry their letter of consent at all times, whilst travelling on megabus services. This must be presented with their reservation number to the driver or other megabus official when boarding and when requested.
If you can’t find the answer to your question please email us at:
[email protected] and we'll aim to get back to you within 72 hours.
If your query is about an existing megabus booking, please remember to give us your booking reference number when you first contact us.