megabus.com coaches can be identified by the distinctive blue and yellow branding.
There may be times when a subcontracted coach (or bus) is used, in which case the bus may have a sign in the windscreen/dash area and/or the driver will make an announcement identifying the service as megabus.com. If you’re not sure, please ask the driver.
megatrain.com services are operated by our partner East Midlands Railway and carry their own branding.
megabusplus.com is a coach and train combination where passengers will transfer to an East Midlands Railway on journeys to and from London.
You can bring cold food, cold drinks and hot drinks that have a lid on. For safety reasons, we can’t allow hot food on our coaches.
We try to make sure all megabus.com journeys are operated by vehicles that have onboard toilets. Some of our services already offer free WiFi.
megatrain is offered through Abellio, with train services provided East Midlands Railway. These modern trains are air-conditioned and have onboard toilets and refreshment facilities available on most services. There aren't any comfort stops on any megabus services.
We try to make sure that all megabus.com journeys are operated by vehicles that have onboard toilets
Wi-Fi and charging points are subject to availability and no refunds will be given if Wi-Fi and/or charging points are unavailable.
megatrain is offered through Abellio, with train services provided by East Midlands Railway.
megabus.com is unable to carry dogs or other animals, with the exception of trained assistance dogs that allow disabled customers to perform necessary activities. Assistance dogs must be properly harnessed and under the direct control of the customer at all times.
All young persons must travel accompanied on megabus.com who are aged
- 14 years or less for daytime travel
- 15 years or less for overnight travel
We do not assume any duty of supervision for young people travelling on our services. Young people under 18 travelling alone cannot book journeys involving a change of vehicle, travel any time between midnight and 05:00 or international travel.
For travel between 05:00 and midnight
- a maximum of one child, aged 3 years or under, can travel for free on megabus.com day services only with each fare paying adult. They are not guaranteed a seat unless a journey has been purchased for them. Children travelling for free cannot occupy a seat if it is needed by a fare-paying passenger
- children aged 14 years or under must travel with a passenger aged 16 years or older
- young people aged between 15 and 17 years inclusive may travel without an adult only if a person with parental authority has confirmed in writing to megabus.com that the minor may do so, is able and equipped to make the journey in question, alone and without supervision.
For travel any time between midnight and 05:00
- a maximum of one child, aged 3 years or under, can travel for free with each fare paying adult. They are not guaranteed a seat unless a Ticket has been purchased for them. Children travelling for free cannot occupy a seat if it is needed by a fare-paying passenger.
- children aged 15 years or under must travel with a passenger aged 18 years or older
- young people aged 16 or 17 years may travel without an adult, but only if a person with parental authority has confirmed in writing to megabus.com that the minor may do so, is able and equipped to make the journey in question, alone and without supervision.
Young persons travelling unaccompanied must carry their letter of consent at all times, whilst travelling on megabus services. This must be presented with their reservation number to the driver or other megabus official when boarding and when requested.
If you can’t find the answer to your question please email us at:
[email protected] and we will endeavour to respond to your email within 72 hours.
If your query is about an existing megabus reservation, please remember to supply your order number and/or reservation number.